Sefra Orlick is a Character and Creature Designer and graduated from Woodbury University in Los Angeles California. She has Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation and has a focus in Comics and Stories. She’s also had a successful small Kickstarter campaign for her web comic Oni x Fox.
(Be sure to watch the video interview below!)
This is part of a new series of interviews we’re doing to learn more about the experience of students in Art Universities. Since we come from Latin America where there are not many options to study art, there are many beliefs from the people who want to do so about the education from good countries. So we want to take this experience to them and see if we can help clarify some doubts for the people in countries like ours.
Interview with Sefra Orlick:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcopMzKKwBQ
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Sefra Orlick’s Story
- The value of art school for animators
- How to overcome being shy
- Tips to get conversations started in events by drawing
- How to become confident when you’re not
- Don’t get too stressed, find something you enjoy doing
- The more you appear confident the easier it will get
- Let people see your work, you can’t be afraid of showing it
- Don’t let criticism stop you
- Keep drawing all the time, every day without forcing it
- Stay true to yourself in your artwork
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Sefra and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to become a better professional? What’s one thing you can take from Sefra Orlick’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Sefra Orlick, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!