Nathan Fowkes is an amazing concept artist for animation and entertainment projects. He’s worked for companies like Dreamworks, Disney, Blue Sky and more for projects such as Rio 2, The Legend of Puss in Boots, Shrek Forever After, How to Train Your Dragon, The Road to El Dorado, Prince of Egypt and many more. He’s also a published art books author and an art teacher in Schoolism.
Nathan Fowkes has many years in the industry and now he made some time to talk to us about his experience inside the industry, how he decided to become an independent artist, how to work from home efficiently and also, how to focus on learning the things that matter in the path to becoming a great artist.
Interview with Nathan Fowkes:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d9Uq7cGP2Q
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Nathan Fowkes’s Story
- How the industry has evolved over the years
- How to learn art online
- Pros and Cons of learning online
- Becoming a great artists
- Take time to develop a unique set of skills instead of trying to do things fast.
- What you do when you don’t have to do anything else, tells you who you are.
- Takes practice, talent is overrated, focus on the effort.
- Get the foundation of perspective, draftsmanship and the basics, once you have the basic skills, you can do videogame design, art design, animation, live action, those are the 3 things we have to be masters of.
- The job of an artist is to connect with people in an emotional level, and the moment we can do that, we’re officially an artist.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Nathan and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to become a better professional? What’s one thing you can take from Nathan Fowkes’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Nathan Fowkes, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!