Stephen Silver is the Lead Character Designer at Disney, he’s also one of the mentors in Schoolism, he has created the characters of shows like Histeria, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom and many others. He’s worked in big studios like Warner Brothers, Nickelodeon, Disney, Cartoon Network, Fox, Dreamworks and more. He is also the Author of the Character Design HandBook called “The Silver Way” and host of the show Art Talk.
Stephen Silver also has a great experience as a teacher, since he’s been teaching on how to improve art to hundreds of artists all around the world. Also he doesn’t only focus on how to become a better artist, but how to improve the business skills necessary for becoming a better paid artist and pricing yourself right.
Interview with Stephen Silver:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75seFOq2qD8
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Stephen Silver’s Story
- How to become a character designer
- How to learn character design online
- How to discover your true calling
- Mistakes to avoid in your career
- Learn directly from the people who are doing what you want to do.
- Don’t become one of these artists who just learn from the art of other artists, go out in the world, have experiences, travel, live. The best art comes from real experiences.
- Look into yourself to find WHY you want to do this, and if it’s truly your calling, keep doing that.
- If you don’t know what you would love to do, or you don’t know what you want then do a lot of things and you’ll realize soon enough the things you like and the things you don’t.
- Do portfolios of work you really love to do, or else you’ll be getting jobs at things you don’t like doing.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Stephen and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to become a better professional? What’s one thing you can take from Stephen Silver’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Stephen Silver, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!