Sam Barnett is a Stop Motion animator based in Los Angeles who’s create films like I am the Eggman, Tom and now the success horror series known as Operator. The episode 1 of Operator was so successful that it made the front page of Reddit and people all over the world asked for more.
He launched a small Kickstarter campaign in order to fund a second episode and he got $12K+ to do it. This time he’s doing another Kickstarter campaign to fund the web series made of 13 episodes.
Interview with Sam Barnett:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGix8ROPr0A
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Sam Barnett’s Story
- How Operator came to exist
- Pros and Cons of working with big studios
- Pros and Cons of being independent
- How to become better at creating stories that matter
- Internet can be a huge help to promote your work but also a huge waste of time.
- Work harder to create a great story, focus more time in it. Most people focus on the fun of making the film and lose track of the quality of the story.
- Don’t get into art if you’re not 100% committed to it. It’s hard and it takes a long time, but if you really want it, this will be worth it.
- If you want to be a director then focus on making a lot of shorts,
if you want to be an animator, prepare to invest 10 years of your time or more.
- Keep meeting people who inspire you and who you can exchange ideas to improve your work.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Sam and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to become a better professional? What’s one thing you can take from Sam Barnett’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Sam Barnett, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!