Nic Gregory is a Visual Developer, Illustrator & Background Painter in the Los Angeles animation industry. Currently working for Thinkwell on Theme Park Designs and Cartoon Network as a freelance background artist on the Mighty Magiswords. Nic’s clients include Disney, Rough Draft Studios, Legendary/Geek and Sundry, and more. Nic is also an accomplished plein air painter teaching painting classes to fellow animation artists and is also teaching at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
Nic Gregory was born and raised in Australia, he was born wanting to do art, however at some point he diverted to professional wrestling, for eight years, yeah you read that right. He won many championships, performed in America and Australia, an action figure of himself was made and also found time to do some hiphop music and won 4 gamer world records for fun. Then he moved to LA in order to pursue his life in the art world, and this time he focused completely on this for 2 years and managed to gain great experience from it.
Interview with Nic Gregory:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvQxO3nm6AI
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Nic Gregory’s Story
- How to excel in everything you do
- How to get pass the fear
- Tips on becoming a better professional
- Tips on learning the business side
- Don’t be scared of reaching the big people to ask for advice, most of them will answer you and help you, you don’t have to wait no matter what level you’re at.
- Each studio and each job position has it’s own requirements, each studio has different needs, take the time to find out which one would be the best for what you do and how you do it.
- Most of the fears you have in life will never happen, specially when moving to another place, it will never be as bad as you think, they’re just in your head.
- Your art work is you, you’re the product you’re selling, be a professional and understand that YOU are the product, if you’re a nice person, you’re good, and don’t do bad things you can go far.
- If you wanna do money in your art, you have to adapt, that doesn’t mean you have to abandon your passion, don’t let something die, but keep adding to your skills, keep adding to your knowledge, you have to think business wise, but you can do the thing you love as a side hustle.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Nic and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to freedom? What’s one thing you can take from Nic Gregory’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Nic Gregory, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!