Monica Bruenjes is an 3D and 2D animator, illustrator, comic artist and children’s book author. She’s the founder of Subarashi, an art business and the creator of Penguin & Peep, Moosebear, Sweetness on the Seas, Forever Girls! and many more.
She has an MFA in 3D animation from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco and lived in Japan for a year to complete her BA in art and Japanese. She’s originally from California but she lives now in Wisconsin working 100% online with many clients and working on her own stories to make them animated some day.
Interview with Monica Bruenjes:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFdL09xpNOc
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Monica Bruenjes’s Story
- How to use internet in your favor
- How to get good quality criticism
- How to make great stories
- How to get a good sense of art
- You can get clients through the internet, teach or assist to classes, get exposure, you have control to make a living as an artist.
- Join good facebook groups, go to local comic events, travel to events, look for the opportunities wherever you can.
- Be humble enough to admit that you’re not the best or as good as you think you are, there’s always more to learn.
- Learn the fundamentals of design and composition, don’t try to get into details, be good at proportion, structure, perspective, study the basic and boring things.
- Try lots of different things, talk to different people who are doing what you want to do, be open to the experiences and learn to find what you love.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Monica and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to freedom? What’s one thing you can take from Monica Bruenjes’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Monica Bruenjes, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!