Katia Grifols is a visual developer from Spain who’s the founder of Glow In The Dark Concept Studio and has worked in many projects creating the environments, props, characters, costumes, color scripts and more. She developed the color script and keyes for The Golden Apple and did a design test for Star vs the forces of Evil for Disney XD. She also has worked in the comic industry and her art has been published in many books, magazines and events.
Katia Grifols has also worked in companies like Dream Works and Disney Consumer products. She had to move to the US to get more opportunities and faced many hardships there, however she overcame those problems and was able to integrate to the industry and started getting projects all over the world. She had to move from the comics industry to the Visual Development industry in order to get more projects. We found her amazing work at CTNX last year.
Interview with Katia Grifols:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uGZt_teXQs
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Katia Grifols’s Story
- How to adapt to new environment
- How to learn business skills from zero
- How to overcome shyness
- How to make the best out of events
- Discipline and focus is a very important part of being a professional in art, we must develop it.
- Learning the business skill can be a very painful and hard process for many artists, you gotta break through and learn about it.
- Overcoming shyness is hard enough, don’t make it harder and it should be, so find really good people that you like in order to make it easy for you.
- Beware of social media, ask yourself if what you’re seeing is really good art before liking, don’t follow the ones who have lots of likes, follow the real good artists.
- There are the innovators who explore and test new things, and there are draftsmen who can do the work needed by a company, be honest on what you want to be and learn what you need.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Katia and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to freedom? What’s one thing you can take from Katia Grifols’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Katia Grifols, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!