Chrystin Garland is a visual development artist from Los Angeles, currently working at DreamWorks TV Animation. In the past, she has had the pleasure of working on the Emmy Award Winning “Niko and the Sword of Light” as well as the “Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems” series and now she’s involved in “Harvey Street Kids” which is the next series from DreamWorks for Netflix.
(Be sure to watch the video interview below!)
Chrystin Garland started as a manga and anime enthusiast and started drawing since she was very young, when she discovered animation she knew that’s what she wanted to be and had a good circle of friends who supported her through all the years. After she studied for Traditional Animation the crash happened and she had to adapt very fast to the new needs of the animation industry.
Interview with Chrystin Garland:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_FyBVyrtM
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Chrystin Garland’s Story
- How to learn art online
- How to turn bad situations into good ones
- How to adapt in the animation industry
- Tips on how to follow your passion
- You gotta challenge yourself and the styles you make, staying in your comfort zone can be a real killer in your career.
- Once you have a career in the art industry you need to find a hobby.
- Define what you really want as success, it doesn’t have to be this perception of a big studio, it can be much simpler than that.
- It’s important to put your face out there and make yourself known, get friends who are in the path you want to follow.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Chrystin and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to freedom? What’s one thing you can take from Chrystin Garland’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Chrystin Garland, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!