Brenda Chapman was the Writer and Director of Brave (The Movie) and has worked in movies like The Little Mermaid, The Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Prince of Egipt, The Real Ghostbusters (animated series) and many more. She’s one of the first women in the animation industry who inspired many other women to do these kind of work and now she’s focusing on writing amazing stories.
Today Brenda Chapman sit with us to talk about the story of how she’s started in the animation industry, how she became a pioneer in the industry inspiring many women to join the ranks and how she came to work in projects and how she got started into writing great stories and why she decided to go independent with a movie incoming .
Interview with Brenda Chapman:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCj8penYOU0
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Brenda Chapman Story
- How Brave Story was born
- How to Protect Your Ideas
- Resources to Learn Animation
- Tips for starting your professional path
- How to become better at animation & storytelling
- Create Storyboards hard to Make.
- Create 1 minute animations
- If you want to make independent art stay as a single artist
- Protect your ideas before signing into an studio
- Always be open to what other people have to say
- Dissect your favorite animations and stories to learn from them.
Resources Mentioned in this Interview
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Brenda and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to freedom? What’s one thing you can take from Brenda Chapman’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Brenda Chapman, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!