Andrew Hickinbottom is a 3D artist focused on modelling, character design & illustration. He’s based in London and has over 20 years of experience in the industry of animation & advertising. He started 3D as a hobby when videogames started to use 3D graphics and Toy Story came up (around 1995). He did a career in Graphic Design for 3 years and realized that it wasn’t his best choice, however thanks to that he was able to get into a job in a company that made a video for Iron Maiden where he learned more about 3D.
(Be sure to watch the video interview below!)
We found Andrew Hickinbottom art through CTNX last year, he has been going for the last 4 years since he felt the events in London were somehow limited to fan arts and comics and he found in CTNX more freedom for original creativity. By being a pioneer in 3D he was in a luxury position where he could get jobs easily for his art.
Interview with Andrew Hickinbottom:
(Click the play button to watch the video interview above)
Click here to watch in a new Tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7pGgrr8dFM
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Andrew Hickinbottom’s Story
- How to learn faster using the internet
- How the 3D industry has changed
- How to choose and rock your events
- How to stand out by doing what you love
- Just use the tools that you know to get the job done.
- Comic Cons are great if you do a lot of fan art, but if you want to show your original art, go to industry events.
- You gotta be original in whatever you do, and of course you gotta do your job very well.
- You can learn really fast these days, use the tools internet gives you and put your effort and you’ll do it.
- In these days, where competition is high, your work has to be really good.
Did You Enjoy This Interview? Let Us Know On Twitter!
If you enjoyed this interview, please let Andrew and I know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Now it’s Your Turn!
Got questions or any advice or thoughts you want to share about this interview or anything you learned that helped you on your way to freedom? What’s one thing you can take from Andrew Hickinbottom’s Journey? Please feel free to share in the comments section below!
Thanks so much for watching the interview with Andrew Hickinbottom, I truly appreciate YOU!
Until Next Time!